NEW MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS BEGINNING JAN 1st, 2021
We are excited for this year in building more BVCA events and helping clubs develop their clubs across the country!
We will be launching our BVCA player membership in 2021, which will further grow and validate Beach Volleyball Clubs in the USA by:
1. Creating a National Database of Players and what Club they play for.
2. Creating and running a National points system and National Rankings for Clubs and Pairs.
3. Creating and Enforcing Rules and Standards for Beach Club events across the USA.
4. Providing Clubs and Players true “Club” events where players have to be part of the same club for the duration of the season.
5. A Schedule of club challenges with 5-teams “squads” and 3 team, as well as Pairs events where all teams must designate from the same club.
6. The Opportunity to represent your club in Club v Club events, Club v Club Nationals and BVCA Club Pairs National Championships in July.
When a player plays in BVCA events, they must obtain a membership confirming that they play and practice with the club for the entirety of the 2021 season.
All BVCA events are “club” events, the athletes are competing as a club for points and match wins. BVCA events support their member clubs by discouraging “club jumping” by athletes to play with a partner outside of their club. We have therefore, instituted the following policies beginning in 2021.
· All athletes who want to participate must register with BVCA.
· All athletes must designate their club affiliation and agree to represent only their elected beach club for the 2021 calendar year in all BVCA sanctioned events.
· All members must confirm they are practicing and competing with their club designation by paying for the membership and selecting your club affiliation.
· Clubs and athletes violating this requirement may be penalized by not being allowed to participate in any BVCA sanctioned event for one year.
· Athletes that want to change clubs, must get a waiver from their current club and will need to be approved and recorded by the BVCA in order to switch Club Affiliation.
· If an athlete is found to be playing with another club without approval, or in violation of BVCA Policy – the Club and /or athlete may be sanctioned – including the following:
1. Inability of Club and/or player to enter further BVCA Events in 2021
2. Loss of Player for 2021
3. Loss of Duel
4. Loss of BVCA Club Membership status in 2021
Looking forward to a great year!
The BVCA and JVA
Each beach club will bring a ‘Squad” of teams (3) They will be ranked 1,2,3. The 1 ranked team is the beach clubs’ best team. The series will emulate the college game, where the 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 in match play. The win is awarded to the club that wins 2 of the 3 matches. Coaching will be allowed for beach club coaches, and we will follow NCAA rules
Each event is 2 days. Pool play 1st day, Playoffs 2nd.
3 teams (squad) per group
Best 2 of 3 Matches wins the Duel
All Matches Throughout.
1 Timeout/1 Technical per Game
Age Groups:(each squad consists of 3 teams with NO age divisions based on DOB)
· Division 1 is the best players that represent the club. I am assuming they are the beach clubs committed players or play at a very high level.
· Division 2 are the beach clubs’ younger players and or older girls that just are still being developed and can’t compete at Division 1
· Division 3 (middle school players only. 6th, 7th, 8th graders)
BVCA Series Points Awarded
3rd – 600
4th – 500
5th – 400
7th – 300
Participant – 100
The Top 16 beach clubs (Division 1) will qualify to play in the National Championship on July 15 and 16th in Hermosa Beach
Seeds for Regular season (after 1st 4 events) and Championships will be based on Regular season points
· Coaches are allowed to coach during crossovers (walk and talk) while athletes are moving (6 seconds).
· Coaches are allowed to coach during Time-Outs
· Coaches May Suggest Timeouts.
· Coaches are expected to be professional at all times. Coaches must wear appropriate apparel – No Tank Tops (Males), no Bikini Bottoms or Tops. Male Coaches must wear shirts.
· Coaches may not approach a referee or ask questions of a referee. A pair’s captain must speak to referee if any questions arise.
· If coaches are found getting involved in referee calls, that coach will be asked to leave the match.
· If a coach has a question about a call, that coach must go to tournament director after the game.
All Players must play for your beach club! USAV High Performance or P1440 Elite Next level is not a beach club.
· Players Cannot be claimed by any other club and participate on any of your teams. Player Must be currently playing for your club and no other club. All players representing a beach club must be a member of that beach club. No rental of players.
· Beach clubs can only have 1 player that lives out of state or lives more than 100 miles away from training area on a squad. We are promoting growing the sport regionally and please have the integrity to register your own players
Each player must have club representation identified by name or logo on a top, or a pair of shorts, or a tank top, or a tattoo. We want to be able to look at the court and be able to see your players wearing your name or logo on at least 1 item.
Injuries Line-Ups and Substitutions
· Each Team may bring a substitute player and insert that player into the lineup per match. The player Subbed out may re-enter the lineup at their original seed or 1 seed up or down after sitting the duel.
· Line Ups are set before every match by Coach and/or Team Captain. We recommend that the NCAA scoresheet be used every match. Every score sheet has “flight number” that can be recorded for the match.
· Teams/players may be moved up or down one spot from previous match, and substitute player may be inserted anywhere in the line-up as long as they were out of the line-up the previous match.
· Line-Ups must be verified and signed by each coach/ or squad Captain before each match.
· If there is a line-up protest – it must be brought up to the tournament director before the match is played.
· If a protest is issued and seen as valid, clubs will have an opportunity to change their lineup for the match. It is up to the tournament director to hear both sides and decide on the protest and decide the teams flight 1-3.
· Line-Ups should be in order of 1-3 with a Club’s Teams Ranked Strongest to Weakest.
· This is on a club director to follow this rule.
· If the tournament director feels like this is being violated or is continually being skirted – the BVCA reserves the right to have a conference with the Club Director and take appropriate action to preserve the integrity of the Club Challenge System.
· If there is an Injury during the game – the team will forfeit that match and then Substitute can be inserted for next Match.
· If a team has no substitute – a team can borrow a player from another club to play the match– but forfeits that seed and match.
The BVCA reserves the right to refuse registration or participation to any beach club or individual at any BVCA sanctioned event.
We hold our events and participants to the highest standards of integrity and have set guidelines to be followed by participants and clubs.
If a BVCA event has already started and a beach club participant and/or beach club has not followed or untruthfully agreed to any of the guidelines, we hold the right to disqualify the team and/or payer and not award any points to their club. Disqualified participants will not receive a refund